A wedding day emergency kit to keep at your venue and give you peace of mind on your big day.
You’ll never forget your wedding day. It’s also a time often filled with last-minute tasks. The best way to simplify and avoid wedding stress is to be prepared. What better way than with a wedding day emergency kit that you can keep handy at your venue? Below, you’ll find ideas for what to keep in your kit for the most organized event ever.
For Clothing Help
Whether it’s a stain on a suit or a quick alteration to the wedding dress, it’s always a good idea to keep these items on hand.
- Sewing kit
- Safety pins
- Tape – double-stick and fabric
- Stain remover for spills
We all want to look fantastic on our wedding day. Having these things on hand will keep you ready to meet and greet your guests, as well as walk down that aisle.
- Phone and charger
- Makeup remover wipes
- Bobby pins
- Cash – for tipping vendors
- Aspirin or Motrin for headaches
- Extra makeup
- Hair ties
- Roll-on perfume/cologne
- Gum or mints
- Pen and paper
- Comfy clothes for before the wedding
- Copies of passport, license, plane, or train tickets for the honeymoon
For the Bridal Party and Groomsmen
Your friends put much effort into being there for your big event. Show your appreciation by having some items nearby for them if needed.
- Emergency phone number list
- A bottle of wine or champagne and cups
- Extra camera memory card
- Emergency ring replacement
- Snacks – granola bars and fruit
- Bottles of water
For the Venue
Some things will probably already be at the venue, such as lighting and tables. But there are some small items you may not have thought of yet. Store these at your venue to bring peace of mind.
- Ziplock bags (for extra food from catering)
- Zip ties
- Floral wire (to help with keeping decorations in place)
- Fake flowers (or real) for quick decorating
- Duct tape (you just always need this)
- Emergency contact numbers for the couple, the bridal party, any family members attending the wedding, and vendors
- Iron and ironing board
- Cake serving set
- Extra phone and laptop chargers
- Additional camera or disposable camera
- Numbers of backup vendors in case of a last-minute cancellation
- Copy of wedding day timeline
For Your Guests
Your guests are there to honor you on this all-important occasion. Anticipate what they might need by keeping some items just for them in your emergency kit.
- Directions to hotel/reception/airport
- Contact number for venue or wedding coordinator
- Insect repellant if outdoors
- Parking and seating instructions
In conclusion, know that your wedding day can be anything you want it to be. Casual, romantic, formal, etc. The one thing that you’ll always need is a wedding day emergency kit to keep things running smoothly. It will help you stay relaxed for the ceremony and reception.
If you’d like to take the DIY process out of the equation entirely, you can find fantastic wedding day kits ready-made here. Or you can, of course, follow these ideas to put together your own. Enjoy your big day!
Alex Loredo is a freelance writer. She utilizes her knowledge of events and planning to create content that motivates and inspires. She writes for Thrive Global, Adventures and Coffee, and more. Alex specializes in events, hospitality, and planning topics. When she isn’t writing, she can be found reading, baking, or on a never-ending quest for the world’s best cup of coffee.