As you know planning a wedding involves a lot of time and energy. Plus with rising prices in almost every area, paying for a wedding is definitely not cheap anymore. Here are 25 tips to save you money on your wedding plans, while still having a memorable wedding day.
1. Shop around and compare prices for locations and hall rentals (of course I think Denison Ridgeis a great choice!).
2. Consider using a local park to get married in, this is often much cheaper than renting a banquet room (um, no! Denison Ridge has way more to offer than a park, plus it looks like a park!).
3. Holding your ceremony and reception at the same location often lowers the cost considerably (Aww.. Denison Ridge to the rescue).
4. Does a family member have a large or scenic property that you could use? I hope not, we want you to come to Denison Ridge!
5. Have a backyard BBQ instead of a formal wedding rehearsal dinner.
6. How about a Dessert Reception instead of a full course catered meal.
7. You may want to think about travelling to a destination for your wedding. This is not a good idea; you’ll miss the beauty of Denison Ridge! And besides, too many friends wouldn’t be able to attend.
8. Hold a small, private wedding with family and your closest friends.
9. Don’t opt for a full bar, just select to offer beer and red and white wine.
10. Remember to offer non-alcoholic drinks as well.
11. Look to your local college for a band when it comes to finding live entertainment for your wedding.
12. Choose an up and coming cake decorator to make your cake. Offer to recommend them to your friends and business connections in return. They get exposure and you get a good deal on a cake.
13. You may want to choose cupcakes over a larger tiered wedding cake.
14. Serving cheesecake is becoming a popular trend and is much cheaper.
15. Display your menu items in attractive bowls, this can help hide the fact that the menu items are plainer.
16. Consider serving an afternoon tea reception (not sure this would go over to well, but maybe!) instead of a full dinner evening one.
17. You don’t need to order champagne for the wedding toast, guests can just use whatever drink they have at the time.
18. Cater for any children who may be present, kids meals are often much cheaper than ordering an adult size. Plus there will be fewer leftovers.
19. When renting a car for your wedding ask if the dealer offers a wedding special.
20. Opt for a van instead of a limo, this way more people can ride with you and this saves money for everyone involved (but would it be as fun? Not!).
21. Choose black ink for your wedding stationary and print out your own invitations.
22. Use potted plants for your table decorations (Yes! Ones I can plant in my new flower bed at my new home).
23. Use flowers in season and add ribbons to brighten up any arrangements.
24. Bowls of fruits make affordable center pieces which can then be used for dessert.
25. Shopping for wedding attire during sales to find great deals on brand names.
After saving money in all these different areas you can then splurge on your wedding photos or another area if you wish. Wedding photos offer you a permanent reminder of your special day So this is an area where you may not want to (never want too!) cut corners or costs.